This is the best chocolate cake I have ever tasted! It is simple to make, healthy, raw and divinely delicious.
- 100g ground almond powder
- 100g cacao powder
- 120ml coconut oil, warmed to a liquid
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- ½ tsp vanilla
1. Warm the coconut oil enough so that it melts. If you live in a warm climate it will already be liquid. If your coconut oil is solid, simply place the container in a bowl of hot water to melt.
2. Add all the other ingredients to the melted coconut oil and mix together until smooth.
3. Pour into a tray and pop into the freezer until it’s solid.
4. Cut into slices, serve and enjoy! (If you keep it in the freezer its texture will be more like chocolate and if you leave it out at room temperature for a while, it will be more like fudge! Experiment.)
Article by Jo Rowkins DipNT MBANT, nutritionist and founder of awakening health.