A delicious and quick-to-make raw recipe given to me by my friend Miho in Koh Samui, Thailand. She made this healthy, sweet treat when she arrived back from her swim in the ocean under the tropical skies. Of course, she was able to use virgin Samui coconut oil and bananas ripe from the trees, for this recipe. If you are in a not-so-warm place, make sure your bananas are nice and ripe. If your coconut oil is solid, simply heat it a little first to melt it for mixing.
- 200g almonds (soaked overnight)
- 8 dates, pitted
- 6 dessertspoons raw cacao powder
- Dash of agave syrup (or honey)
- 4 bananas, thick sliced
- Coconut oil to blend for the topping
- Blend the soaked almonds with the dates in a blender
- Add 2 dessertspoons cacao powder and a dash of agave syrup (or honey). Mix again until smooth
- Make the mixture into 3 or 4 pancake-shaped portions
- Layer the portions on top of each other (like making lasagna), using the sliced banana between each layer
- Now make a chocolate topping by blending 4 dessertspoons cacao powder with a little coconut oil until a thick, chocolate paste is formed. Add the coconut oil slowly until the mixture is soft, but still retains some shape. Use another dash of agave syrup or honey in the mixture if desired.
- Spread the chocolate topping over the cake and decorate with more banana slices.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- Share and enjoy!
Article by Jo Rowkins DipNT MBANT, nutritionist and founder of awakening health.