This is healthy, delicious and very quick and easy to make. It’s packed with protein, minerals and super nutrients, as seaweed is a super source of minerals, as well as being detoxifying and cleansing. Throw in a selection of your favourite vegetables for even more goodness.
- Packet organic tofu
- Handful arame seaweed, soaked and drained.
- Nori seaweed sheet, just cut small strips off with scissorss
- 1 carrot, chopped into thin strips
- Handful mushrooms, sliced
- Half red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 egg (optional)
- Dash soy sauce
- Dash sesame oil
- Dash extra virgin olive oil to stir fry
- Sprinkle of sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
- Wedge of lemon to serve
- Stir fry the veggies in a little olive oil for a couple of minutes
- Add in the tofu and scramble together for a minute more.
- Add the seaweed and continue stir frying for another minute.
- Add a dash of soy sauce (or liquid aminos) and sesame oil and turn off the heat once all the vegetable are “al dente”.
- If you wish, you can scramble in an egg for the last 30 seconds of cooking.
- Serve with a lemon wedge and sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
Article by Jo Rowkins DipNT MBANT, nutritionist and founder of awakening health.