A divine, easy and luscious raw chocolate tart made with raw chocolate and other healthy ingredients. It really is very easy to make and absolutely delicious. A guilt-free chocolate indulgence.
For the base:
- 300g pecans or almonds (raw and unsalted)
- 1 tsp quality sea salt
- 200g medjool dates
For the filling:
- 4 medium-sized ripe avocados
- 150g virgin coconut oil
- 2 vanilla pods, seeds only
- 200g raw cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- 300g coconut blossom sugar or agave nectar to taste
1. Blend the almonds or pecans in a food processor, add the salt and the dates and blend until the mixture is like “dough” or until it forms a ball.
2. Press the mixture into the bottom of a mould. A silicon mould is best as it’s easy to get the tart out once it has set. Cover and leave to harden in the freezer until you are ready to pour on the filling.
3. Now for the filling. Blend all the filling ingredients until smooth and pour onto the base. (If your coconut oil is solid, melt it first on a very low heat or in bowl of hot water.)
4. Set in the freezer for one hour. After that the tart should be firm enough to slice up.
5. Serve with fresh berries on top and a dusting of cacao powder.