Most shop bought mayonnaise is far from healthy, and making your own with raw eggs can be tricky, or not an option, if you’re vegan.
I’ve tried a few different combinations for this vegan mayo and this is the best so far. It’s very simple with just 4 main ingredients.
Organic tofu has many health benefits, including supporting female hormones and healthy cardiovascular function, as well as being a quality lean protein source. Be sure to use extra virgin olive oil for its health benefits. The vinegar I have used is raw, unfiltered, unpasteurised and contains “the mother” for it’s health-giving properties, such as digestive support.
Most bodies are crying out for fats – the healthy ones. This is a sensual indulgence you can enjoy and your skin will love you for eating this.
- 1 packet organic silken tofu (300g)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Braggs raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon English mustard
- Pinch of Himalayan or sea salt
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary, or add a little more vinegar/mustard to your taste.
- Enjoy drizzled over anything you fancy!
Stored in a screw top jar, this will keep in the fridge for two weeks.
Article by Jo Rowkins DipNT, nutritional therapist and founder of Awakening Health.