If you’re craving veggie fried rice but with a lighter touch, try parsnip rice for a healthier alternative. Many people try to avoid excess carbohydrates for better energy and increased fat burning, as well as wanting a lighter, healthier meal. This parsnip rice really hits the spot.
- 2 parsnips, diced
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3cm fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 handful kale, finely chopped
- Glug of extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- Dash quality soy sauce or Braggs Liquid Aminos
- Chopped fresh red & green chillies to your liking
1. Whizz parsnips in food processor until resembling rice-like grains.
2. Gently fry spring onions, garlic and ginger in extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil until soft.
3. Add in chopped vegetables. (Or any combination of chopped veg you choose). Stir fry for a couple of minutes.
4. Add in the parsnip “rice”. Mix well and keep stirring.
5. Add dash of quality soy sauce or Braggs Liquid Aminos, keep stirring.
6. Chop in fresh chillies.
7. Serve and enjoy. Delicious served with fish or any other dish of your choice that would go well with veggie fried rice.
Scramble in an organic egg for egg fried “rice”.
Add seaweed to enhance flavours.
Add a teaspoon of quality Thai green curry paste.
Get creative, get in the kitchen, get natural quality ingredients and have fun.
Article by Jo Rowkins DipNT MBANT, Nutritional Therapist.