Who said sweet treats had to be bad for you? Enter a new paradigm of healthy sweet foods. Step aside dirty, processed desserts. Make way for nutritious, decadent sweet delights.
Chocolate and raspberries are a match made in heaven and the delicate rosewater takes the flavour to a whole new level – up to heaven!
Pistachios provide a beautiful added crunch to the sensual delight of an already mind-blowing dessert experience.
Ingredients for the mousse:
- 80ml raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 ripe banana
- Seeds from 1/2 vanilla pod
- 30g raw cacao powder
Ingredients for the compote:
- 300g fresh raspberries
- Juice 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon rosewater
- 100g pistachios, roughly chopped
- Rose petals (unsprayed) to decorate
- Put all the mousse ingredients into a powerful blender and blitz until smooth.
- Place mixture into a bowl, or individual bowls (serves 2-3), and place in fridge to set for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, macerate the berries by putting them into a bowl, squeezing over the lemon, adding the sweetener and rose water and mixing well with a spoon, whilst lightly crushing the berries. Set aside for 10-15 minutes to macerate.
- When the mousse is set and the berries are ready, spoon the berries over the mousse, top with the chopped pistachios and scatter over a few rose petals.
- If you like, dust with a little more cacao powder and enjoy!
Jo Rowkins, nutritional therapist at Awakening Health.