Packed full of healthy ingredients, this bread is a far cry from the processed breads you might be trying to avoid. You can make up a few batches, slice them and freeze them for whenever you need to pull a few pieces out for a meal. Think avocado toast, hummus dipping, dunked into soup or eaten with a salad.
- 200g (1 mug) almonds
- 260g (1.5 mugs) pumpkin seeds
- 200g (1/2 mug) brown rice flour
- 85g (1/2 mug) sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 3 tablespoons dried mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Place the almonds and 1 mug of the pumpkin seeds in a food processor for a couple of minutes until you have a smooth flour.
- Place this flour into a large mixing bowl and stir in the remaining pumpkin seeds.
- Add in the brown rice flour, sunflower seeds, psyllium husks, dried herbs, chia seeds, salt and pepper.
- Add 600ml (2 mugs) cold water and stir the whole mixture together.
- Leave the bowl to one side for about an hour. By this time, all the water should have been absorbed and the mixture totally stuck together.
- Preheat the oven to 200C (fan 180C). Place the dough into a loaf tin (5-7cm tall – no more).
- Bake for about 45 minutes until the top becomes a golden brown and a knife comes out clean.
Recipe taken from Deliciously Ella.
Jo Rowkins, nutritional therapist at Awakening Health.