What a delicious combination! Avocado and hemp seeds give you a perfect balance of healthy fats and an abundance of plant chemicals to make you feel great.
Serve this with whatever you like: sourdough, pumpernickel, keto bread, or as a topping for fish or veg dishes, as a chunky dip, or my favourite way, eat straight from the spoon!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 tbsp raw hemp seeds
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp sea/Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 fresh red chilli (optional)
- Toast the hemp seeds in a dry frying pan over a medium heat for about 1-2 minutes (don’t let them burn). Set aside in a small dish.
- Mash the avocado in a bowl with all the other ingredients, except the chilli and a little of the help seeds to garnish.
- Sprinkle with the last few hemp seeds and chillies.
- Serve as you like and enjoy!
Jo Rowkins, nutritional therapist at Awakening Health.