This soup truly is a winner for a comforting meal. It’s packed with immune boosting ingredients and will brighten up any grey day. Did you know that due to its sulforaphane content, cauliflower is supportive of healthy oestrogen metabolism?
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder or thumb-sized piece fresh turmeric, peeled & grated
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 500ml chicken bone broth or vegetable stock
- 1 cauliflower, finely chopped
- 125ml coconut milk
- Fresh dill to garnish.
- Sea or Himalayan salt and black pepper to season
- Crush the garlic and leave to stand for 10 minutes whilst you prepare the rest of the vegetables.
- In a large soup pan, on a low heat, add the coconut oil, onion, garlic & turmeric. Mix together and cook gently for 5-10 minutes until the onions are soft and transparent.
- Add the cauliflower and stock and partially cover the pan. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Blend half with a hand blender so there are still some chunky bits of cauliflower in it, or blend smooth based on your preference.
- Add the coconut milk and heat gently. Season to taste.