These little cherry-filled bites are very easy and quick to make. They contain no added sugar, good-for-you cacao and they make an idea gift!
- 100g unsweetened almond butter
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 65g raw cacao powder
- 6 tbsp runny honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Seeds from 1/2 vanilla pod
- 65g dried cherries
- Blend the almond butter and coconut oil in a food processor for a few seconds to combine. Add the cacao powder and blend again.
- Stir in the honey, salt and vanilla seeds and blend again. Stir in the dried cherries. Do not blend again once the cherries have gone in.
- Line a shallow tin or tray (approx 13 x 10cm or 5 x 4 inches) with baking paper, allowing the paper to overhang the edges by at least 5cm/2 inches. Spoon the mixture into the tin and level the surface. Place the mixture in the freezer for about an hour, or until firm.
- Remove the fudge from the tin by gripping the overhanging paper. Place on a chopping board and using a sharp knife, cut into five slices lengthways. Then cut each slice into seven squares. Serve immediately, or store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Consult with Jo privately to get bespoke advice for your own health journey
Join our Perimenopause Programme to support your hormonal transition